Book online bus tickets to Kollam By Pee Gee Travels
Kollam is a city in Kerala in India where Pee Gee Travels to takes you to the place.
Kollam Pee Gee Travels is a city , a municipal corporation and headquarters of Kollam District in the Indian state of Kerala. Kollam is the fourth largest city of kerala after Kochi, Thiruvananthapuram and Kozhikode . and is famous for cashew processing and coir manufacturing. Kollam District is named after this city. It lies 71 Kilometres north of the state capital Thiruvanathapuram (Trivandrum). The city lies on the shores of Ashtamudi Lake and is the southern gateway to the backwaters of Kerala, and thus, a prominent tourist destination.
Kollam was formerly called "Desinganadu" and even before its was known as Tarsish(Koreki ni-(sea pointed inland or a creek)Kollam). Later during the rule of the Travancore kingdom in southern Kerala, Kollam was the focal point of trade. Kollam, a Municipal Corporation is a major business and commercial centre in the central Travencore region of Kerala. Kollam Cargo port has been revived and expected to provide a bright future for the city.
Places to visit in Kollam is-
1) In Kollam, Thangasseri - This seaside village of historic importance has the ruins of an old portuguese fort and churches built in the 18 century. The Thangasseri Lighthouse which is 144 feet hight, is open to visitors from 1530 = 1730 hrs.Thirumullavaram Beach - Kerala
2) In Kollam, Thirumullavaram beach - 6 kms north of kollam this secluded beach is a beautiful picnic centre.
3) In kollam, Mayyand - 10 kms south of kollam mayyanad is noted for its shrines and temples. The most important of the nine temples here is the subramanya temple at umayanallor.
4) In Kollam, Alumkadavu, (26 km from Kollam). Scenic place, with blue green stretches back water, coconut palms, back water cruise, house boats, Ayurvedic treatment centers.
5) Amritapuri Asramam, . A Hindu pilgrim center for worshipers of Mata Amritanandamayi Devi.
6) Aryankavu, (73 km east of Kollam). Pilgrim center, old trade route for merchants from either sides of western Ghats, famous for shrine of Lord Sastha, fine sculptures and mural paintings.
7) In Kollam, Chavara, (14 km north of Kollam on NH47). Famous for the mineral sand and place of Catholic saint Sister Alphonsa.
8) In Kollam, Karunagappally, (27 km north of Kollam in NH47). Old military station of Kayamkulam Rajas.
9) In Kollam, Kottarakkara, (27 km northeast of Kollam). Erstwhile capital of Elayadathu Swarupam, a ruling family. Famous for Kath Kali (a dance drama).
10) In Kollam, , Kundara. A prominent place in Kollam famous for industries.
11) In Kollam, , Mayyanad, (10 km south of Kollam). Famous for its shrines and temples.
12) In Kollam, , Mannadi, (24 km east of Kollam). Famous as the place where Veluthampi Dalawa laid down his life.
13) In Kollam, , Neendakara (Long Shore), (8 km north of Kollam). Famous for its fisheries industries.
14) In Kollam, , Oachira, (32 km north of Kollam in NH47). Famous temple, a unique pilgrim center and handicraft center.
15) In Kollam, Paravur, (13 km south of Kollam). Famous for coir production center and fishing.
16) In Kollam, Sasthamcotta, (19 km from Kollam). Biggest freshwater lake in Kerala.
17) In Kollam, Thangassery, (5 km away from Kollam). Place of historical importance, with old 18th century churches, light house and remnants of Portuguese and Dutch forts.
18) In Kollam, Thenmala, 66 km east of Kollam (on the way to Shencottah, it is also reachable from [[Trivandrum]]). Dam site with dense forest is famous for eco tourism
19) In Kollam, Kalayapuram, (34 km from Kollam, on the way to Kottayam from Kottarakara). It is believed that old Kalayan royal family were ruled from this place, hence the name Kalayapuram.
Pee Gee Travels takes you to the Kollam and makes the journey comfortable.
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets from Kollam
Book online bus tickets to Aluva By Pee Gee Travels
Aluva Pee Gee Travels is a town and a municipality in Ernakulam district and also a part of Kochi metropolitan area in the state of Kerala, India. It is one of the most industrialised towns in Kerala, though most of the factories are actually situated in the newly minted town Kalamassery. It is famous for the Aluva Sivarathri festival at Manal Puram (sand bank) on the banks of Periyar River. Aluva serves as a transit point to the following four towns in Ernakulam district - Angamaly to the North, Kalamassery to the south, North Paravur to the west and Perumbavoor to the east.
Aluva is one of the important towns in India. It’s in the state of Kerala and rich in History, Culture and Heritage. Aluva is now in the International aviation map due to the close proximity to Cochin International Airport Limited.
Periyar,a beautiful river and second largest in the state is the life line of Aluva. A trip down the river and its silken-smooth sand-banks will be one of the most memorable experiences in any ones life.The history of Aluva brings to the picture the history of Periyar. The pres- ence of the river has given Aluva one of the most exquisite culture as could be com- pared to that of any part in Kerala. As it is known, the rivers of Kerala have brought with them the behavior and trad- itional aspects of the population living on their banks. The case is no different here either.
Take a walk down Periyar river and you will find some kind of a gracefulness envelope you. The cool river, it’s silken-smooth sandbanks and the people around gets into your mind to stay there emanating a sacred feeling that you would want to come back to its banks over and over again.The Periyar is indeed Aluva’s lifeline. The activities along the long stretch of its banks are always hectic as if life proceeds alongwith the quiet flow of water downstream. Small-scale as well as cottage industries thrive along the riverbed bringing in revenue and smiles into every home.
The riverbank has its ornamental look with huge tall coconut palms lending its own charm. The green canopy along the shores fills the mind with happiness. The temples, churches and mosques along the banks of the Periyar give a touch of Aluva’s diverse culture and beliefs.The town is also known for its communal harmony and the goodness that comes with it.Periyar is the most important river in the Ernakulam district. The Periyar with a length of 229 km. is the longest river in the district. Among the rivers in the State, Periyar is second only to Bharathapuzha in length. During its course five important tributaries join the river. They are Muthirapuzha, Mullayar, Cheruthoni, Perinjankutti and Edamala.
The Chalakkudy river also joins the Periyar at Elanthikara, 10 km. east of Kodungalloor. Periyar is very high in hydro-eletric potential. There are a series of dams and power stations viz. Pallivasal, Kundala, Madapetty, Senkulam, Neriaman- galam and Panniyar on this river basin. Idukki Hydro-electric Project is the most important scheme of its kind in Kerala. Kalady, the birth palace of Sankaracharya, the greatest Advaitha Philosopher is on the bank of Periyar. Other important places on its bank are Malayattoor and Aluva which are places of pilgrimage for Christians and Hindus respectively. The Periyar traverses through all the Taluks in the district. The river is highly beneficial to the district for irrigation, drainage and navigation. The river plays a very important role in the agricult- ural, industrial and commercial develop- ment of the district. The Periyar Valley Irrigation Project is capable of irrigating a net area of 30414 ha. as at the end of 1990-91.
Thus Aluva is also one kind of tourist place which Pee Gee Travels makes the way.
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets from Aluva
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets to Aluva
About Pee Gee Travels :
A tours and travels company you can rely on, when it comes to a comfortable journey throughout. We are dedicated to give you top notch Quality of Service, through a good variety of dedicated Buses to choose from that’s Style of PeeGee Travels
They offer a wide range of bus tickets for : Thrissur, Trivandrum, Kollam, Attingal, Kodakara, Chalakudy, Angamaly, Aluva, Kalamaserry, Edappally, Vytilla, Kazhakootam.
An committed approach to requirements, anticipating their costumer needs and working towards providing full satisfaction to the customers. Is the cause of PeeGee Travels scenario
PeeGee Travels is located Heart of the city in Thrissur, Kerala. Our Travel Company Is Proud to Launchthe intra-city service with in Kerala
We provide dedcated staff and well Experienced drivers to take care of our passengers for Safty and comfortable journey
All the information provided in the Website are correct and time to time we will Update the information
Our idea is to present a safe journey to people, with comfort, ease and pamper them with little luxuries. PeeGee Travels is offering cheap and comfortable transport to the customers.