Book online bus tickets to Kollam By Pee Gee Travels
Kollam is a city in Kerala in India where Pee Gee Travels to takes you to the place.
Kollam Pee Gee Travels is a city , a municipal corporation and headquarters of Kollam District in the Indian state of Kerala. Kollam is the fourth largest city of kerala after Kochi, Thiruvananthapuram and Kozhikode . and is famous for cashew processing and coir manufacturing. Kollam District is named after this city. It lies 71 Kilometres north of the state capital Thiruvanathapuram (Trivandrum). The city lies on the shores of Ashtamudi Lake and is the southern gateway to the backwaters of Kerala, and thus, a prominent tourist destination.
Kollam was formerly called "Desinganadu" and even before its was known as Tarsish(Koreki ni-(sea pointed inland or a creek)Kollam). Later during the rule of the Travancore kingdom in southern Kerala, Kollam was the focal point of trade. Kollam, a Municipal Corporation is a major business and commercial centre in the central Travencore region of Kerala. Kollam Cargo port has been revived and expected to provide a bright future for the city.
Places to visit in Kollam is-
1) In Kollam, Thangasseri - This seaside village of historic importance has the ruins of an old portuguese fort and churches built in the 18 century. The Thangasseri Lighthouse which is 144 feet hight, is open to visitors from 1530 = 1730 hrs.Thirumullavaram Beach - Kerala
2) In Kollam, Thirumullavaram beach - 6 kms north of kollam this secluded beach is a beautiful picnic centre.
3) In kollam, Mayyand - 10 kms south of kollam mayyanad is noted for its shrines and temples. The most important of the nine temples here is the subramanya temple at umayanallor.
4) In Kollam, Alumkadavu, (26 km from Kollam). Scenic place, with blue green stretches back water, coconut palms, back water cruise, house boats, Ayurvedic treatment centers.
5) Amritapuri Asramam, . A Hindu pilgrim center for worshipers of Mata Amritanandamayi Devi.
6) Aryankavu, (73 km east of Kollam). Pilgrim center, old trade route for merchants from either sides of western Ghats, famous for shrine of Lord Sastha, fine sculptures and mural paintings.
7) In Kollam, Chavara, (14 km north of Kollam on NH47). Famous for the mineral sand and place of Catholic saint Sister Alphonsa.
8) In Kollam, Karunagappally, (27 km north of Kollam in NH47). Old military station of Kayamkulam Rajas.
9) In Kollam, Kottarakkara, (27 km northeast of Kollam). Erstwhile capital of Elayadathu Swarupam, a ruling family. Famous for Kath Kali (a dance drama).
10) In Kollam, , Kundara. A prominent place in Kollam famous for industries.
11) In Kollam, , Mayyanad, (10 km south of Kollam). Famous for its shrines and temples.
12) In Kollam, , Mannadi, (24 km east of Kollam). Famous as the place where Veluthampi Dalawa laid down his life.
13) In Kollam, , Neendakara (Long Shore), (8 km north of Kollam). Famous for its fisheries industries.
14) In Kollam, , Oachira, (32 km north of Kollam in NH47). Famous temple, a unique pilgrim center and handicraft center.
15) In Kollam, Paravur, (13 km south of Kollam). Famous for coir production center and fishing.
16) In Kollam, Sasthamcotta, (19 km from Kollam). Biggest freshwater lake in Kerala.
17) In Kollam, Thangassery, (5 km away from Kollam). Place of historical importance, with old 18th century churches, light house and remnants of Portuguese and Dutch forts.
18) In Kollam, Thenmala, 66 km east of Kollam (on the way to Shencottah, it is also reachable from [[Trivandrum]]). Dam site with dense forest is famous for eco tourism
19) In Kollam, Kalayapuram, (34 km from Kollam, on the way to Kottayam from Kottarakara). It is believed that old Kalayan royal family were ruled from this place, hence the name Kalayapuram.
Pee Gee Travels takes you to the Kollam and makes the journey comfortable.
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets from Kollam
Book online bus tickets to Angamaly By Pee Gee Travels
Pee Gee Travels takes you to the Angamaly is a town and a municipality in Ernakulam district in the state of Kerala, India. It is the entry point or the gateway to Kochi city from the Northern parts of Kerala. It is a town that lies at the intersection of Main central road (MC Road) and National Highway. MC Road Start from the heart of Angamaly. Also a Municipality and a Legislative Assembly constituency in Ernakulam district.
Places in and around Angamaly through Pee Gee Travels is Karayamparambu, Mookkannoor, Azhakam, Edakkunnu, Kothakulangara, Angadikadavu, Palli Angadi, Thurappan,Kunnu, Thurappan Kavala, Champannoor, Mallussery, Moozhikulam, Poovathussery, Cheriya Vappalassery, Valiya Vappalassery, Kizhakke Angadi, Nayathode Kavala, Akaparambu, Thekke Kidangoor, Vadakke Kidangoor, Peechanickad, Puliyanam, Elavoor, Vattaparambu, Karukutty, Paduvapuram, Kidangoor, Vengoor, Manjapra, L.F Kavala,Thuravoor, Aanappara, Vathakkadu, Yordanapuram, Josepuram, Kariyad, Mambra.
Pecularity of places around Angamaly Pee Gee Travels is surrounded by 18 and ½ places which ends with 'serry', which were said to be the Viharams of Buddhists or Thiyyars who inhabited this region in the olden times and the places are-
Nedumbasserry, Aduvasserry, Palapprasserry, Kapprasserry, Kodusserry, Mallusserry, Padappasserry, Kurumasserry, Kannamkuzhysserry, Poovathusserry, Kunnappillysserry, Thuruthisserry, Puduvasserry, Kunnisserry, Poykattusserry, Karippasserry, Palisserry, Parambusserry, Vappalasserry (the half)
Angamali Pee Gee Travels is enriched with cultural and devotional centres. Majority of the population are Hindus and Christians (Major denominations are Romo-Syrians (Catholics) and Jacobite Syrians. A small branch of Chalakkudy river flows through Angamali which is leading to Manjali. This 'thod' or canal actually starts from Manjapra and Karukutti and joins at Karyamparampu little north of town center and proceeds to Manjali through Mangatukara, Kodi(u)serry, Pallikkadavu, Chengamanad, Kunnukara etc. It is not at all a branch of River Chalakkudy. Angamaly was a major trade center even during the Maurya period (2-4th century BC) as is evidenced by the discovery of large number of North Indian Punch Marked Silver Coins of this period from Angamaly Railway Station area and Kodiserry. Main mode of transport from this Market town to ancient Muziris port was by water transport through Manjalithod. Angamali was a part of Ancient Muziris Trade center. At that time now dried-up Changalapuzha (started from Chengal and passed through Chengamanad-Thodalikkunnu, which was responsible for naming the Kodugallur port as Changala Azhi and Shingli) was flowing on the south of Angamali through Nedumbasserry.
Another major fact about Angamali is that it is the nearest town to the Cochin International Airport. Metro City Kochi is 34 km and Cultural City Thrissur is 45 km from this town.
The above places can be visited through Pee Gee Travels
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets from Angamaly
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets to Angamaly
About Pee Gee Travels :
A tours and travels company you can rely on, when it comes to a comfortable journey throughout. We are dedicated to give you top notch Quality of Service, through a good variety of dedicated Buses to choose from that’s Style of PeeGee Travels
They offer a wide range of bus tickets for : Thrissur, Trivandrum, Kollam, Attingal, Kodakara, Chalakudy, Angamaly, Aluva, Kalamaserry, Edappally, Vytilla, Kazhakootam.
An committed approach to requirements, anticipating their costumer needs and working towards providing full satisfaction to the customers. Is the cause of PeeGee Travels scenario
PeeGee Travels is located Heart of the city in Thrissur, Kerala. Our Travel Company Is Proud to Launchthe intra-city service with in Kerala
We provide dedcated staff and well Experienced drivers to take care of our passengers for Safty and comfortable journey
All the information provided in the Website are correct and time to time we will Update the information
Our idea is to present a safe journey to people, with comfort, ease and pamper them with little luxuries. PeeGee Travels is offering cheap and comfortable transport to the customers.